What you'll learn
This mini-course will outline the most common tasks performed in AI ethics consulting, and give practical advice for finding your place in this quickly growing field. This course draws from BABL AI's training material for first-time employees needing to orient themselves to where they can use their current skills to make the most impact for clients and understand potential areas for further study. After finishing this course, students will be able to:
- List common tasks performed by AI Ethics and Governance consultants
- List the skills needed to perform these tasks
- Identify which skills can be cultivated through self study, and which might require further training
- Develop a roadmap for acquiring expertise that can lead to the ability to bring value to clients and humanity in the field of AI Ethics and Governance
- Establish a strong identity and niche where the unique value you bring stands out
This is part of a larger series of courses by The Algorithmic Bias Lab, which conducts research and training in algorithmic auditing and the responsible production and governance of artificial intelligence.